General UW-Stout Graduate School Application
All prospective graduate students at UW-Stout must follow a standard application process through our Graduate School. Beyond that, each graduate program has specific requirements that must be met to be successfully admitted to the program:
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
To be admitted with full status to the program, you must fulfill the following:
- Earned a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Evidence of undergraduate preparation in psychology.
- Minimum of 15 undergraduate psychology semester credits.
- Minimum of 5 semester credits in research methods.
- Minimum of 3 semester credits in statistics.
- Demonstration of written communication skills required for success in graduate studies.
- GRE scores are preferred, but not required.
Note: Deficiency in undergraduate course preparation does not preclude admission, but may require additional coursework to complete the degree program. Students who do not meet these requirements may be accepted on a provisional basis.
To successfully apply to the program, please submit the following:
- A current resume
- Writing sample which can be either:
- Research paper
- Professional document
- Statement of interest which should include:
- Why you are interested in the MSAP program
- How the MSAP aligns with your professional goals
- Three completed candidate recommendation forms:
- A completed MSAP candidate information form:
Please mail application materials to:
Program Director, M.S. in Applied Psychology
University of Wisconsin-Stout
Menomonie, WI 54751
- Applications are still being accepted for Fall 2021. Please note that a GRE score is not required.
Students will only be admitted in the fall semester. Applications received after the deadline will be accepted as space allows.