UW-Stout's Master of Science degree in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) is designed to further the education of working professionals. The degree can be completed fully online. In today's fast-paced technical world, leaders are needed in the areas of information technology, network security, enterprise systems, digital marketing and e-learning. This graduate degree helps you become that needed leader.
With a student-centered learning approach, self-motivated individuals can focus on personal goals while developing an emphasis of study customized to your specific aspirations. We invite you to look more closely, ask important questions, and discover the benefits of earning your master’s degree in Information and Communication Technologies. The program is customized for your future:
- Courses online Fall, Spring, Summer semester
- 15 credits of core courses
- 15 credits of emphasis courses you select
- 30 credits total
- Great salary increase potential
Upon completion of this program, you'll be able to:
- Appraise the influences between society and ICT development
- Analyze the relationship between organizations and ICT
- Critique trends impacting the ICT professional
- Evaluate ICT related to one’s own career
- Forecast the influence of ICT systems
- Conduct research contributing to ICT
- Design ICT systems
You'll develop a portfolio of course-related exhibits to align with the program objectives and your selection of emphasis courses. This program offers a customized curriculum in the following emphasis areas:
- Computer Networking and Cybersecurity
- Digital Marketing Technology
- Enterprise Technology
- Other Self-Designed Options
Ranked as a Best Online Masters in IT
UW-Stout offers three graduate-level professional development certificates. The certificate courses are transferable into the M.S. Information and Communication Technologies program.
- Cyber Security & Cyber Defense - Computer Networking Certificate
- Enterprise Technology Certificate
- Instructional Design Certificate
Use the Request Information form to receive a program summary and learn more about the Masters of Science degree in Information and Communication Technologies.
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's customized instruction tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- Customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for Your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.
General UW-Stout Graduate School Application
All prospective graduate students at UW-Stout must follow a standard application process through our Graduate School. Beyond that, each graduate program has specific requirements that must be met to be successfully admitted to the program:
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
- Applicant must have an overall undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- Two years of appropriate experience
2022-23 MSICT Advisory Committee
|Sara||Anger||Student Services Specialist||UW-Stout|
|Bryan||Bechtoldt||President & Principal||SVA Consulting|
|Michelle||Dingwall||Senior Development Office||UW-Stout|
|Curt||Fawcett||I/O Devices Integration Manager||Cray, Inc.|
|Kris||Isaacson||Professor, Digital Marketing Technologies||UW-Stout|
|Laura||Reisinger||Program Director/Instructor||Communication Technologies Department|
|Deanna||Schultz||Program Director||MS-Career & Technical Eduation, UW-Stout|