**With the ever evolving COVID-19 situation, UW-Stout Testing Services is working closely with the UW-System Placement Testing Office to provide the best options for students needing to take placement tests. UW-Stout has canceled all March and April testing dates with later dates in May still proceeding as scheduled. More testing dates may be added. Any changes regarding placement testing will be sent via e-mail, posted on this website, and on the UW-System Placement Testing website.
Spring 2020 Regional Placement Testing
All new students attending UW-Stout are required to take the UW-System Placement Tests. You do not need to take the placement tests at the UW school you are attending. You may take the tests at any UW-System Placement Testing site in Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Illinois that are listed on the Wisconsin Regional Testing website: https://exams.wisc.edu/placement/regionaltesting/information.php
How to Register for Regional Placement Testing
Regional Placement Testing Registration begins on February 1, 2020. You will need to register on the Wisconsin Regional Placement Testing website. It is advised that students register as soon as possible especially if you are looking to take the Regional Placement Test on a specific date or at a specific testing site.
- All results are automatically sent to UW-Stout if UW-Stout is selected on your test answer sheet.
- A non-refundable $30.00 placement testing fee will be charged to all new students' first tuition bill at the UW-System school they will be attending in the fall.
Preparing for UW-System Placement Tests
What to bring
- A couple number 2 pencils (no mechanical pencils)
- A non-graphing calculator
- An acceptable form of ID (driver's license, UW-Stout ID, passport)
What you need to know
- Arrive at the test site at least 10 minutes before your scheduled test time. Testing will start promptly at 8 AM (or at your scheduled test time). There will be no late admittance to the test.
- Each test takes an hour and a half. If you choose to take both the Math and English test plan on the testing take 3 hours with a break between the tests.
- The World Languages placement test, if applicable, will an additional one hour.
Directions to campus