In today's world, traditional classroom instruction is no longer the only way to learn. Blended learning, which combines online and in-person learning, is becoming increasingly popular. UW-Stout's Blended and Online Teaching & Training Certificate (BOTT) will teach you the skills you need to design, develop, and deliver blended and online learning experiences that are engaging, effective, and memorable.
The expanding impact of technology and digital environments have made it critical for today's instructors and teachers to adapt and embrace new instruction methods, content expectations, and presentation styles. This program is designed to ensure you have the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively design, assess and deliver student-centered learning in blended and online environments. And the best part is that you can earn it entirely online.
The Blended and Online Teaching & Training (BOTT) Certificate teaches K-12 teachers, higher education instructors, and training professionals impactful ways to design and deliver effective blended and online learning experiences.
Throughout the BOTT Certificate program, you will dive into student-centered learning technologies and learn how to deliver impactful online and blended learning experiences.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Design and deliver effective blended learning experiences
- Assess learner progress
- Use technology to enhance learning
- Create engaging and interactive authentic learning experiences
- Develop your own professional blended and online portfolio
In addition to learning the theoretical foundations of blended and online learning, you will also have the opportunity to put your skills into practice by working on real-world projects. These projects will give you the opportunity to apply what you have learned and to develop your portfolio.
Earn your certificate by completing four classes:
*Registration in EDUC 764 requires successful completion of EDUC 761, EDUC 762 and EDUC 763 with a 3.0 GPA (B or better) or higher in each course.
The BOTT program provides several benefits; you will learn from experienced blended learning experts, develop your professional portfolio, gain a competitive edge in the job market, and network with other professionals.
Who Should Enroll
This program is ideal for anyone who wants to learn how to design and deliver effective blended and online learning. This includes:
- Educators who want to create more engaging and effective learning experiences
- Business professionals who want to develop their training skills
- Nonprofit professionals who want to train their volunteers and staff
All-Inclusive Tuition Model
- 2023-2024 Tuition rate: $476 per credit ($952 for a two-credit course)
- Fall 2023 Tuition due: October 11, 2023
- Spring 2024 Tuition due: February 28, 2024
- No registration fee to reserve a class
Upcoming Class Schedules
- EDUC 761 Using Digital Tools to Facilitate Learning: September 11 - October 20, 2023
- EDUC 762 Leveraging Technology to Assess Student Learning: October 9 - November 17, 2023
- EDUC 763 Designing for Blended and Online Environments: September 11- October 20, 2023
- EDUC 764 Blended and Online Teaching and Training Capstone: November 6 - December 15, 2023
- EDUC 761 Using Digital Tools to Facilitate Learning: January 22 - March 1, 2024
- EDUC 762 Leveraging Technology to Assess Student Learning: February 12 - March 22, 2024
- EDUC 763 Designing for Blended and Online Environments: March 25 - May 3, 2024
- EDUC 764 Blended and Online Teaching and Training Capstone: March 25 - May 3, 2024
If you are ready to learn how to design and deliver effective blended and online learning, the Blended and Online Teaching & Training Certificate Program (BOTT) is the perfect place to start. Register today and take your career to the next level.
Registration closes when the enrollment maximum is reached. If a class is full, you may request that your name is placed on a waiting list.
Register ONLINE for classes
If you need a copy of the syllabus for your employer to approve enrollment in the class, email: Online Professional Development.
Learn more about our other certificates and Professional Development classes.