This 15-credit certificate is designed for individuals with significant content knowledge that are interested in strengthening their knowledge and skills in teaching CTE within a K-12 environment.
The program enhances learners’ knowledge and skills to:
- Identify and evaluate issues and trends in education.
- Demonstrate how to teach including a variety of instructional strategies, including use of technology, the development of critical thinking, and problem-solving.
- Analyze a learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning and self-motivation.
- Prepare and analyze systematic instruction based upon knowledge of subject matter, pupils, the community, and curriculum goals.
- Develop formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous intellectual, social and physical development of the pupil.
- Complete coursework in one or two years
- Advance your knowledge of teaching methods and course construction
- All courses online
- Most certification courses taken at an undergraduate level can be applied to a bachelors degree at UW-Stout in order to obtain a teaching licensure
While not a substitute for a degree or diploma, the certificate is an alternative credential for individuals seeking to obtain new knowledge and skills or to update their knowledge and skills in career and technical education. This certificate does not qualify as part of a Wisconsin K-12 teacher certificate or licensure program.
Admission Requirements and Application Materials
To apply to the certificate program, please complete the online application form.
Additionally, the following program-specific materials are required at the time of application:
- Provide a 500-word statement that addresses your academic history, employment history, and professional goals. Include a discussion of your expectations for online learning and examples of your readiness to participate in an online learning environment.
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's customized instruction tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- Customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for Your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.