Are you a clinical helping professional or student who is looking for a professional development graduate certificate in sex therapy?
UW-Stout's Graduate Certificate in Sex Therapy will enhance your knowledge of human sexuality, sexual and gender diversity, and best practice sex-related psycho-therapeutic care for people dealing with issues related to sexuality, gender, and close relationships. The program's hybrid course delivery, and summer scheduling with online classes and weekend synchronous Zoom class meetings, is designed specifically for you—allowing you, the working professional or graduate student, to take classes from any location.
Our nationally recognized faculty and program affiliates are engaged in cutting-edge research focused on eco-sexuality, multi-partnered relationships, management of technology in intimate relationships, and combating cisgenderism and monogamism in clinical practice — which is integrated into program coursework for a unique learning experience. Completion of the program is designed to meet the academic requirements for American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) sex therapy certification. The program also meets the requirements of and is approved by AASECT for continuing education credits. These continuing education credits may be applied toward AASECT Certification and renewal of certification.
The Professional Development Graduate Certificate in Sex Therapy graduate credits will not expire and may be eligible when applied towards continuing education units for relevant helpful professional field-based licensures and certifications.
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's customized instruction tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- Customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for Your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.