The University of Wisconsin-Stout respects and supports every individual’s rights of free speech and to engage in peaceful demonstrations. However, there remains an expectation for all who interact on campus that behavior must adhere to state laws, UW System and UW-Stout policies and guidelines, and the role and function of the university.
Listed below are links to guide the freedom of expression on our campus within the boundaries of lawful behavior and applicable policies:
- UW System Chapter 18 Conduct on University Lands
- UW System Chapter 21 Use of University Facilities
- Regent Policy Document 4-21 Commitment to Academic Freedom and Freedom of Expression
- UW-Stout Policy 76-3 Facility Use
- UW System Guidance on Political Campaign Activities
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the following campus safety requirements also apply including:
- Face coverings must be worn indoors on campus.
- Six-foot social distancing must be followed.
- Outdoor assemblies must not exceed 75 persons.
- Indoor assemblies must not exceed 50 persons.
For a listing of all campus safety requirements please visit our COVID-19 website.