The Job Shadow program is designed to connect UW-Stout students and employers over winter break. Job shadowing allows students to get an insider’s view and experience a day in the life of a professional working in a career field of interest. It also allows employers to connect, mentor and build relationships with current UW-Stout students. This program is coordinated by UW-Stout Career Services.
Coming January 2024
- To provide flexibility during COVID-19, there are options for in-person (6 hour) job shadows, and virtual "job shadows" (approximately 1-4 hour virtual meetings).
- In-person job shadowing experiences are one day (minimum of 6 hours)
- Exact date and time of the job shadowing experience is scheduled at the discretion of the matched student and host employer
- Students visit the job site to observe day-to-day activities of a professional in a career field of interest.
- Employers share knowledge about their professional position, answer questions about their career field and company/organization
- Students do not receive academic credit or payment for this experience