This concentration provides in-depth experiences with critical issues confronting individuals with disabilities to help them live more independently.
Independent Living Concentration Objectives:
- Effectively utilize resources within our society to assist all persons to live as independently as possible.
- Provide individualized training in independent living skills.
- Acquire knowledge of community service delivery programs/resources.
- Promote community awareness of independent living options.
- Assist individuals in making modifications in their living environment.
- Provide awareness training on capabilities of disabled persons