High School Student
High school students can accelerate their education at UW-Stout through two programs:
Early College Credit Program (ECCP): For Wisconsin public or private high school students, this program allows you to earn both high school and college credit. Seek approval from your school district for desired coursework. Costs are typically covered by your school's district/state.
Dual Credit Program: An affordable way for high school students to jumpstart their college career by earning high school credit and college credit.
High School Special Program: Homeschooled students and students from public or private high schools can enroll in this program. Costs for courses are the responsibility of the student/family.
Application Process for ECCP or High School Special Program Student
To apply for either program you must:
- Have the approval of your parents and your high school and submit the UW System ECCP Participation Form (this form also serves as the High School Special Agreement form).
- Complete the UW System Application.
- Rank in the top 50% of your high school class OR have an ACT composite score of 22 or higher (SAT equivalent 1030 or higher) OR have a 2.75 GPA or higher.
- Be on track to meet UW-Stout's general admission requirements in regard to course completion.
- Submit your transcripts.
- You do not need to indicate a major or provide an ACT/SAT score (unless it is to meet eligibility criteria above).